b. San Jose, CA, 1968
- B.A. University of California San Diego, CA
- A New American Picture, Yossi Milo Gallery, New York, NY
- A New American Picture, Stephen Wirtz Gallery, San Francisco, CA
- Aperture Remix, Aperture Gallery, New York, NY
- Next Generation: Young American Photography, Pasinger Fabrik, Munich, Germany
- Peripheral Views: States of America, Museum of Contemporary Photography, Chicago, IL
- America in View, Landscape Photography 1865 – Now, Museum of Art, Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, RI
- Photographic!, Daegu Photo Biennale, Daegu, Korea
- From Here On, FotoMuseum Provincie Anwerpen, Antwerp, Belgium
- Cinema du Reel, Centre Pompidou, Paris, France
- RAY, +Making History, MMK Museum für Moderne Kunst Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
- Publicly Private: Enrico Natali and Doug Rickard, Santa Barbara Museum of Art, Santa Barbara, CA
- New Photography 2011, Museum of Modern Art, New York, NY
- Best Books of the Decade, PhotoIreland Festival, National Photographic Archive, Dublin, Ireland
- No Direction Home, Head On Photo Festival, Depot II Gallery, Sydney, Australia
- HERE., Pier 24 Photography, San Francisco, CA
- From Here On, 42nd Edition of Les Recontres d’Arles, Arles, France
- Idyll, Stephen Wirtz Gallery, San Francisco, CA
- Anonymes – L’Amerique Sans Nom: Photographie et Cinema, Le Bal, Paris, France
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Los Angeles, CA
- Museum of Art at the Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, RI
- Museum of Contemporary Photography, Columbia College, Chicago, IL
- The Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, TX
- Museum of Modern Art, New York, NY
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, San Francisco, CA
- Santa Barbara Museum of Art, Santa Barbara, CA
- Yale University Art Gallery, New Haven, CT
- Roffino, Sara. “See Doug Rickard’s Google Street View-Inspired Art at Aperture and Yossi Milo” ArtInfo 5 October 2012
- “Doug Rickard Presents A New American Picture at Yossi Milo Gallery” Actuphoto 4 October 2012
- Rickard, Doug. “A New American Picture” Aperture/Koenig Books, London, September 2012
- Barden, Lane. “Street With A View: Doug Rickard and Michael Wolf Appropriate the World.” Artillery Volume 6, Issue 6 July/August 2012
- Warren. Lydia. “A Window on ‘forgotten’ America: More fascinating images of the country’s poorest communities from Good Street View Artist.” Mail Online 3 June 2012
- Westgeest, Helen. “Digital Appropriation as Photographic Practice and Theory.” Depth of Field Volume 2, No. 1 June 2012
- Galperina, Marina. “Revealing Street View Shots of America’s Invisible Communities.” Flavorwire 30 May 2012
- Pyon, Kathy M.Y. “Framework: Capturing the World Through Photography, Video and Multimedia.” Los Angeles Times 23 April 2012
- Bohnacker, Siobhán. “Artists at Work: Doug Rickard.” Afterall 18 April 2012
- “A New American Picture: Tour Across the American Suburbia Following the Trike of Google Street View.” Abitare March 2012
- Wright, Sophie. “The Whispering Minority: Doug Rickard’s ‘A New American Picture.’” Fourth and Main Spring/Summer 2012
- Foster, John. “A New American Picture: Doug Rickard and Street Photography in the Age of Google.” Observatory: Design and Visual Culture 1 January 2012
- “A New American Picture: Doug Rickard Captures U.S. Poverty via Google Maps.” The Daily Beast December 2011
- Appleyard, Bryan. “They’ve Been Framed.” The Sunday Times Magazine 12 November 2011
- Brown, Kristen. “Doug Rickard: One Eye, 15 Lenses.” 5 x 12 18 November 2011
- Johnson, Ken. “Exploring Truth (And Fiction) Through a Camera Lens.” The New York Times 13 October 2011
- Ruttle, Caitlin. “Four Artists Rocking NYC Museums.” Artlog 27 October 2011
- Graham, Paul. “20/20.” Frieze Magazine Issue 141, 23 September 2011
- O’Toole, Erin. “A New American Picture: Streets of Heartbreak.” Foam Issue 27, Summer 2011
- Norris, Scott. “Resdiscovering Photography at Three SF Galleries.” Art Culture: Contemporary Art, Innovation and Design 7 June 2011
- Archer, Larissa. “Decaying, powerful scenes in ‘A New American Picture.’” San Francisco Examiner. 8 June 2011.
- Baker, Kenneth. “’Haute’ at Silverman, Rickard at Stephen Wirtz.” San Francisco Chronicle. 4 June 2011.
- Bowers, Keith. “First Thursday: Doug Rickard’s ‘A New American Picture’ Shows American Desolation.” SFWeekly. 5 May 2011.
- Smyth, Diane. “The View from the Streets.” British Journal of Photography. 22 February 2011.
- Badger, Gerry. “Anonymes.” AG Quarterly. Winter 2011.
- Rickard, Doug. A New American Picture. Cologne: White Press/Schaden, 2010.
- Campany, David and Dufour, Diane. Anonymes – L’amerique sans nom: Photographie et cinema. London: Steidl, Paris: Le Bal, 2010.
- Bertrand, Anne. “Opening of Le Bal, Paris. Anonymes. Unnamed America in Photography and Film.” Camera Austria. Issue 112, 2010.
- Houghton, Max. “Paris Photo and Beyond.” Foto8. 2 December 2010.
- Ladd, Jeff. “A New American Picture by Doug Rickard.” 5B4 Photography and Books. 30 November 2010.